Dong Bei Ji Fong on Crack (Weather)

by dulan drift ⌂, Friday, October 18, 2013, 12:33 (3853 days ago)

I've seen some big dbjf seasons but this would have to take the cake. Seems to have been blowing a gale virtually every day since early sept. Good for the wind surfers i guess but i've had a gutfull of it. Tomato plants have died twice due to constant hot dry winds.

Dong Bei Ji Fong on Crack

by dan, Friday, October 18, 2013, 16:46 (3853 days ago) @ dulan drift

Yep, it's been blowing pretty hard. We seem to be much more protected here than we were in our old place. I've also noticed that it tends to be much windier here than in Zhiben, which I guess makes sense.

Oh well. Only four or five more months of it to go this year!

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 11:10 (3847 days ago) @ dan

I see CWB have a strong wind warning for today and predicting it to come from the north. In fact it's the opposite - the wind is about the gentlest it's been since early sep and is coming from the south.

by dan, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 12:58 (3847 days ago) @ dulan drift

It's been a very calm day here in Zhiben. I've noticed that every day recently it's sunny and warm in the morning, then it clouds over around noon. Today was no exception.

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, October 24, 2013, 21:57 (3847 days ago) @ dan

Blowing gently from the south in the morning here but did swing around to the ne in the evening but still gentle and then got some rain - just a couple of mil, but something at least. Wind has sprung up after it got dark, which is unusual. Can happen with a cold front passing, but no cold front.

Sounds like Chihben is quite different - kind of tucked away fron the dbjf a bit more.

Here's a wind map that gives an idea of dbjf interaction with the typhoon.
http://www.myweather2.com/images/streamline/9/final_streamline_9_2013102400_9.jpg

RSS Feed of thread