winter (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, December 12, 2012, 21:20 (4164 days ago)

[image]

This, i think, is a pretty typical winter weather formation. A band of rain that soaks north eastern taiwan, but somehow misses here (though lan yu had rain today). Wonder if there is a channel of dry air that flows along the taidong coast that keeps it at bay. Pretty decent dbjf today as well.

winter

by dan, Thursday, December 13, 2012, 06:50 (4164 days ago) @ dulan drift

Yesterday (12th) Zhiben had no dbf at all. In fact it was a beautiful, sunny, warm day, yet I understand here in Donghe it was blowing pretty hard. Last night in Donghe the dbf was howling, and we've been getting light rain most of the night and into this morning.

winter

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, December 13, 2012, 08:41 (4164 days ago) @ dan

yeah, so much for my theory of it staying dry here - light rain in xc as well and actually looks pretty murky out to the north east - like it might settle in for the day.
interesting that there was no wind in chihben - were there white caps out to sea?

winter

by dan, Thursday, December 13, 2012, 09:38 (4164 days ago) @ dulan drift

I don't remember seeing any whitecaps. I spent my lunch break sunbathing at the hot spring. Today it's wet in Zhiben, but drying out and calm. The sun is coming out as I type.

winter

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, December 13, 2012, 15:48 (4164 days ago) @ dan

how are you going with that sunshine?

rain has settled in here and looks like it will continue until tonight at least. CWB is still sticking with their 30% though - assume they operate from a building without windows.

Ave rainfall for Dec is only 40-50 ml - this looks like putting us over the top already.

winter

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, December 17, 2012, 14:11 (4160 days ago) @ dulan drift

[image]

Simlar looking weather pattern to that which brought the rain last week - wonder if it will do so again. Last week the rain was preceeded by a similar strength dbjf to what we have today then started raining when that dropped off.

winter

by dan, Monday, December 17, 2012, 15:30 (4160 days ago) @ dulan drift

It seems to be following that pattern. It was an incredibly beautiful morning here, now the drizzle is settling in, with the dbf coming before it. The lawn chair did go down, and I was afraid the large pot of soup boiling on the outdoor cooker was going to blow over so put it on the protected porch.

winter

by dulan drift ⌂, Friday, December 21, 2012, 12:34 (4156 days ago) @ dan

In the end, that system didn't really move in like the last one - so it's hard to predict them.

This is the forecast chart for tomorrow, 12.22. Judging by the closeness of those isobars, it looks like we could be in for a decent dbj blast starting late Sat or Sun. Better get those chairs and cookpots packed away!

[image]

winter

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, January 17, 2013, 19:21 (4129 days ago) @ dulan drift

I see CWB have gone for 0% chance of rain for Taidong for tonight and tomorrow. Apart from the fact that there's plenty of stuff around on the radar, it's physically raining, so not sure how they arrived at that calculation.
[image]

winter

by dan, Thursday, January 17, 2013, 20:15 (4129 days ago) @ dulan drift

They've been completely out to lunch the last couple of days. It's almost embarrassing.

RSS Feed of thread