Here we go again? (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, August 30, 2012, 12:25 (4269 days ago)

This emerging low looks interesting. Has the potential to develop into something quite large. And is moving into a position where it could impact us.

[image]

Here we go again?

by dan, Thursday, August 30, 2012, 19:36 (4269 days ago) @ dulan drift

I've been keeping an eye on that as well. It's been going through cycles of appearing to develop, then dissipating, but it seems that's a process typhoons go through in their development.

Here we go again?

by dulan drift ⌂, Friday, August 31, 2012, 13:38 (4268 days ago) @ dan

Is gathering some steam, and heading this way, but the CWB forecast map has it going into reverse after this point (mon) and heading back due east. That would seem odd. But then again, Tembin was pretty odd. [image]

[image]

Here we go again?

by dan, Friday, August 31, 2012, 19:13 (4268 days ago) @ dulan drift

This looks like things are definitely lining up. I find it hard to imagine that we won't get something in the next two to three weeks. The third cell in line, near the edge of the image, looks like it wants to do business. It's a good 2.5-3 weeks out, right?

Wait, Temblin was at our doorstep for a week. That thing may not get here until spring.

This image is from 12083110GMT

[image]

Here we go again?

by dulan drift ⌂, Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 10:39 (4264 days ago) @ dan

[image]

Sudden downpour last night around 2.30am. Interesting to see that we were the only place on the island that got it. My theory has always been that the only rain we get here during summer is associated with a low pressure, but there's no obviousl connection at the moment.

RSS Feed of thread