new low pressure (Weather)

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, August 08, 2012, 14:14 (4251 days ago)

This looks promising. Forming in the right spot and vaguely heading this way. CWB is still predicting a dry week for Taidong but if this low continues to develop then it should bring some rain.

Also good to see that the ITCZ has moved back down into a more normal position.

[image]

new low pressure

by dan, Wednesday, August 08, 2012, 20:52 (4250 days ago) @ dulan drift

My only concern is that it's going to head north. Let's hope we get something out of it. Today was brutally hot. If we can just two or three storms between now and mid October, it will make life much easier.

new low pressure

by dulan drift ⌂, Friday, August 10, 2012, 20:19 (4248 days ago) @ dan

[image]

This is the forecast chart for next thurs - shows that low coming right here. i was a bit excited when i first saw it - but on closer inspection it seems to be a very weak one, and in the next day's chart it has disappeared altogether.

Might be good for some rain at least.

new low pressure

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, August 13, 2012, 00:47 (4246 days ago) @ dulan drift

[image]

I wonder what's going on there at CWB on occasion. A couple of days ago they had it disappearing off the map just off the coast of Taidong on Fri, but now it's already a TD. They have updated their maps and it's forecast to come 'right here and affect us as soon as Wed, and the way it has taken shape in the last 24 hrs it would seem likely to develop into a typhoon along the way. Does seem to be moving very quickly, which is good - more of a short, sharp, jolt, but less destructive.

Interestingly, there's another low building in behind it. Could be in for a barraging.

new low pressure-Kai-tek

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, August 13, 2012, 23:30 (4245 days ago) @ dulan drift

Interesting that JTWC is the outlier - they usually take the middle ground.

Note: the graphic has changed, when posted, JTWC was well to the south of the others which had the eye glancing the southern tip of TW, but since then they've basically all gravitated towards JTWC's track.

[image]

new low pressure-Kai-tek

by dulan drift ⌂, Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 19:56 (4244 days ago) @ dulan drift

[image]

Would seem to be at least possible that it could head north. It's basically rounded the ridge. Assume they're saying the ridge is going to build back in a bit.

Starting to gust up, but still fairly moderate. No rain as yet.

new low pressure-Kai-tek

by dan, Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 22:32 (4244 days ago) @ dulan drift

We're getting a brilliant light show, but no rain or wind so far. We stopped of at a beach in Fushan this afternoon on our way back from Taitung and it was an absolutely beautiful scene. White caps, a cool breeze, partly cloudy, good visibility, in short a classic tropical beach scene. Then we stopped off in Longchang and it was hotter than hell!

RSS Feed of thread