A possible maybe? (Weather)

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, July 12, 2012, 11:28 (4321 days ago)

Been scouring the sat images for something forming for over a week but there's been nothing happening and there's nothing forecast for the next week either.

However, this morning, that does look like a bit of cloud starting to consolidate in the usual spot to the east of ppe.

[image]

If ever i needed to explain to myself why i am into typhoons, then the two weeks of brutal, unrelenting summer that we've just had would probably provide the answer.

A possible maybe?

by dan, Thursday, July 12, 2012, 11:36 (4321 days ago) @ dulan drift

I noticed that right when I got up this morning, and it seems to have formed more since then. Let's hope we get something out of it. This heat is exhausting and I'm getting tired of not being able to do anything outside. Man it's been hot!

A possible maybe?

by dan, Thursday, July 12, 2012, 16:47 (4321 days ago) @ dulan drift

T2K is now labeling that as a tropical wave. I don't care what they call it if it brings us some rain.

[image]

A possible maybe?

by dulan drift ⌂, Friday, July 13, 2012, 01:21 (4320 days ago) @ dan

T2K is now labeling that as a tropical wave. I don't care what they call it if it brings us some rain.

[image]

hope it's waving 'hello'.

A possible maybe?

by dulan drift ⌂, Saturday, July 14, 2012, 16:22 (4319 days ago) @ dulan drift

Well that didn't amount to anything, but finally there seems to be a bit of activity coming. This is the forecast chart for the coming Thurs.

There's currently another low that has formed north of that but it looks unlikely to affect us.

[image]

A possible maybe?

by dan, Saturday, July 14, 2012, 20:27 (4319 days ago) @ dulan drift

Yep, we have a definite possible maybe, possibly. One encouraging sign is that there seems to be a lot building behind this system as well. Thank God for change.

This system is unusual in that it's forming so far north but is predicted to head pretty much directly west. If we actually get anything out of it, it will be quite unusual. Also, it's forming well outside of the ITCZ. Most typhoons that affect us seem to form on the northern edge of the ITCZ. The system behind this one is forming in the ITCZ, and may have a better chance of giving us something.

[image]

[image]

A possible maybe?

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, July 15, 2012, 01:20 (4318 days ago) @ dan

Actually the chart i posted is for the system behind it. I'd be surprised if the one that's there now made it here, but i'd definitely take anything at this stage. Even a bit of cloud cover would be merciful. But there does seem to be a burst of activity suddenly after a quiet few weeks. The sea surface temp should be nice and ripe anyway.

RSS Feed of thread