Lab Leak Most Likely Caused Pandemic, Energy Dept. Says (General)

by dan, Monday, February 27, 2023, 07:47 (417 days ago)

The title says it all.

Lab Leak Most Likely Caused Pandemic, Energy Dept. Says

WASHINGTON — New intelligence has prompted the Energy Department to conclude that an accidental laboratory leak in China most likely caused the coronavirus pandemic, though U.S. spy agencies remain divided over the origins of the virus, American officials said on Sunday.

Officials would not disclose what the intelligence was. But many of the Energy Department’s insights come from the network of national laboratories it oversees, rather than more traditional forms of intelligence like spy networks or communications intercepts.

In addition to the Energy Department, the F.B.I. has also concluded, with moderate confidence, that the virus first emerged accidentally from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, a Chinese lab that worked on coronaviruses.

And yet, barely a ripple in the media.

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, February 27, 2023, 09:03 (417 days ago) @ dan

The title says it all.

WASHINGTON — New intelligence has prompted the Energy Department to conclude that an accidental laboratory leak in China most likely caused the coronavirus pandemic, though U.S. spy agencies remain divided over the origins of the virus, American officials said on Sunday.

Officials would not disclose what the intelligence was. But many of the Energy Department’s insights come from the network of national laboratories it oversees, rather than more traditional forms of intelligence like spy networks or communications intercepts.

Is there a person left on the planet who still thinks it wasn't a lab-exit? Apart from a couple of US Intelligence agencies (who for sure don't really believe it anyway)? It's revealing that MSM has not published a single poll on that question. Australia's public-funded media platform, ABC, has still not published a single article questioning the origin!

Anyway sounds like these Secret-Orgs are belatedly trying to cover their arses to catch up with what everyone already knows - thanks to DRASTIC, FOI activists, & other amateur bloggers/researchers - including a small but pivotal role played by Formosa Hut!

What's curious is how all the Secret Society investigations are refusing to release the evidence to support their analysis. Why? What possible justification could there be for that?

Also there has to be serious questions re the integrity of those public-funded Security Orgs that are still claiming it wasn't a lab-exit. Well, all of them - what the fuck were they doing when action could still have made a difference? Why are US (and all western) Security Orgs going out on such a flimsy limb to protect a Totalitarian regime? Aren't they supposed to be protecting us against all that?

We've answered that before - coz of integral involvement of western scientists at WIV - & the overall damage such a finding would do to THE Experts System (which they are a part of) that runs the world - & all the mega-money that comes with that power.

The implications of this answer are staggering. It means all our core global institutions are corrupt, greedy, liars.
The frightening thing about insidious, deep-state corruption is that, by definition, it precludes an open investigation into that system in order to reform it.

'No Consensus' Limbo

by dulan drift ⌂, Tuesday, February 28, 2023, 06:56 (416 days ago) @ dulan drift

White House Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre: What I can tell you is, again, there’s been no consensus on this — where COVID originated — so I’ll just leave it there.

That response encapsulates exactly the status that authorities would like Covid to permanently remain in - Well, in the end there were people saying this, then there were people saying that, & finally we never really knew.

It's all crap of course - everybody knows it was a lab-exit - but this fake-uncertainty provides a space for those who lied about the origin to once again slither off undercover of the fake-fog to count their millions whilst avoiding accountability.

Remember, if the world had been told in Jan, or even Feb: Look out! A super-contagious killer disease cooked up in a lab is on the loose! then it likely would have been stopped dead in its tracks there & then. Taiwan, which didn't believe a word China or all the corrupted western experts were saying, managed to stop it - every other country could have done the same if they'd acted in Jan-Feb.

That's where the culpability comes in for all that death, all the draconian restrictions on freedoms, & now all the suffering caused (to normal people - of course the rich pigs & experts hit the jackpot with Covid) by rampant inflation.

This is not over until there is justice.

PS: In some ways i don't really blame the CCP - they were only doing what they normally do - it's all the world's leading experts who knowingly lied to protect this totalitarian regime that must be held responsible.

'No Consensus' Limbo

by dan, Friday, March 03, 2023, 17:45 (413 days ago) @ dulan drift

This is not over until there is justice.

PS: In some ways i don't really blame the CCP - they were only doing what they normally do - it's all the world's leading experts who knowingly lied to protect this totalitarian regime that must be held responsible.

What shocks me more about this is the same thing that bothered me about the initial public discourse about the origins, and that is that it was and is nonexistent. Even after this story broke, we have nearly zero serious public debate on this. People stand by their beliefs. It's from an animal, end of discussion. It's from a lab, end of discussion.

IMO, the #1 strength of a free society is the open sharing of ideas and information, and educated debate on such topics. This isn't happening at all. The Internet, at one time, held promise for such a forum, but clearly that media has tanked. Could it be we are incapable, as a species, of using logic and discussion to reach a consensus on a topic important to all?

And if, given all these profoundly powerful technical tools that allow us to instantaneously share information and communication, if after having all this at our disposal we are still not able to figure out even relatively simple problems (relative to the danger they hold for the species), then what does that say about us? And what is stopping us from getting there?

'No Consensus' Limbo

by dulan drift ⌂, Saturday, March 04, 2023, 19:07 (412 days ago) @ dan

What shocks me more about this is the same thing that bothered me about the initial public discourse about the origins, and that is that it was and is nonexistent. Even after this story broke, we have nearly zero serious public debate on this. People stand by their beliefs. It's from an animal, end of discussion. It's from a lab, end of discussion.

That may be what it's devolved into, but i don't think it's how it began. I remember it beginning politely enough with people asking questions, but the response from THE Science Goliath was over-the-top vilification, with full-MSM platforming. End of discussion.

Could it be we are incapable, as a species, of using logic and discussion to reach a consensus on a topic important to all?

Could be. I hope not. The trouble with having a logical discussion is you need two to tango.

You can have all the logic you like, but if the more powerful side says we don't give a shit about your logic or getting at the truth - we care about using our power to maintain/increase our power - that makes the exercise very difficult.

So although we may consequently be incapable as a species due to that problem - not all humans are. In fact i think most are capable, they're crying out for it, but the path to that is being blocked by a powerful minority.

And if .. we are still not able to figure out even relatively simple problems (relative to the danger they hold for the species), then what does that say about us? And what is stopping us from getting there?

Depends what you mean by we. Again, i think we are able to figure out simple problems - i think Covid's origin was a fairly simple problem - plenty of people figured it out. The rise of AI might be more complex, but it's simple to know it is a problem to be figured out before it's too late.

What's stopping us from getting there as an understanding on a societal level? I think it's the same influential minority ... that don't want that. It's the last thing they want. These GODS are invested in manufacturing/projecting a reality created in their own image for everyone else to live in.

RSS Feed of thread