Spy Balloons (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, February 13, 2023, 06:32 (410 days ago)

Either there's been a dramatic surge in spy balloons flying around - or - they've been flying around for yonks & nothing was done about them until last week.

I'm guessing the latter. In fact there was a weird, leaked report that they were in US airspace during the last administration, which i think was meant to be supportive of Biden's response, but in fact reveals that US intelligence knew they were operating but didn't report it to the public - yet another reason why we don't need secret state security orgs.

Not surprisingly, in Australia, there's been no reports of any spy balloons ever. Even less surprising is that no reporter has ever asked a question about them - even with all the kerfuffle going on currently. That's all hush-hush stuff - not for the non-influencers to worry their heads about. With Aus Govt desperately arse-licking the CCP, there's no way on earth they would publicly shoot down a Chinese anything.

Spy Balloons

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 08:29 (408 days ago) @ dulan drift

Now seems the the most recent three shoot-downs were simply weather balloons. At $400,000 a pop to shoot them down with missiles (including one shot which missed), that's a lot of money to puncture a bunch of harmless balloons.

Spy Balloons

by dan, Friday, February 17, 2023, 15:43 (406 days ago) @ dulan drift

This whole story has been such BS. Something stinks. Not only are we paying billions upon billions of dollars for a bloated military, but they can't even tell us WTF they shot out of the sky? How about some pictures? Surely they have pictures. Don't my tax dollars at least buy those?

Interestingly, this story coincided with a story by Seymour Hersh that claims the US blew up Russia's Nord Stream gas pipeline. This whole balloon non-story owned the headlines for a good week, starting the day Hersh's story broke.

RSS Feed of thread