Mid-terms (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, November 06, 2022, 18:40 (529 days ago)

Not much of a choice. Looking at it purely from the C-word angle - a Republican majority may help force through investigations into the origin of the most impactful event on humanity in my lifetime - but then the Christian-right said yeah, let's spend that political capital on banning abortion!

I did like this from Biden: ...a $2,000 ($3090)cap on out-of-pocket medical expenses and a $35 ($54) monthly cap per prescription on insulin.
The new law also requires companies that raise prices faster than overall inflation to pay Medicare a rebate.

That raising prices faster than inflation is going on like crazy. As mentioned elsewhere, Australian corporations (extrapolate/multiply that to world corporations) have made record, windfall profits due to Covid - now it's cashing in on inflation as well ... ?

The official inflation rate in Australia is around 5-6% - with warnings from the Central Bank that it may go as high as 7% (!) before it slows down. That is so far removed from reality, it's not funny. The reality is 30-40%. How much of this is real - how much is corporations addicted to the creaming-it-pipeline as they screw the poor old normal person? My guess is the latter.

In Australia there's been zero talk from either side of a windfall-tax on the killing it due-to-C-word Corporations - meanwhile normal people see their money lose value before their eyes ...

Mid-terms

by dan, Thursday, November 10, 2022, 18:04 (525 days ago) @ dulan drift

Not much of a choice. Looking at it purely from the C-word angle - a Republican majority may help force through investigations into the origin of the most impactful event on humanity in my lifetime - but then the Christian-right said yeah, let's spend that political capital on banning abortion!

You got it right with 'not much of a choice'. Both issues, the origin of covid and abortion, regardless of the extent to which they affect everyone, end up being fringe issues politically. Naturally, most people are now concerned with being able to heat their homes and put food on the table, and naturally all candidates are promising to do better than the others on both fronts, and just as naturally, after the election, regardless of who is elected, nothing will change.

I did like this from Biden: ...a $2,000 ($3090)cap on out-of-pocket medical expenses and a $35 ($54) monthly cap per prescription on insulin.
The new law also requires companies that raise prices faster than overall inflation to pay Medicare a rebate.

Sounds great, but it will never happen. Oh, it might happen for a small percentage of people, but not that masses. Corporate profits come first.

Our options are which corporate whores we like best. That's who we're voting for. Which corporate cock sucker puts on the best show for the masses before they go backstage and take it up the ass by a GOD for their payoff. I wonder how they feel at the end of the day. Probably a bit sore, but the nice linens and room service no doubt help.

Mid-terms

by dulan drift ⌂, Friday, November 11, 2022, 06:01 (525 days ago) @ dan

Our options are which corporate whores we like best. That's who we're voting for. Which corporate cock sucker puts on the best show for the masses before they go backstage and take it up the ass by a GOD for their payoff. I wonder how they feel at the end of the day. Probably a bit sore, but the nice linens and room service no doubt help.

It's a shame there's such a dearth of independents in the US. Problem is that 'machine politics' has become so powerful that it's very hard for an indie to breakthrough. Apart from the money, you need media coverage - and you're not gonna get that coz media loves the two-party system - they've got their favoured party then the villain party - the last thing they need is anything to upset that perfect balance.

You're bang on the with the GODs - the more we centralize - the more powerful they become - the less powerful we become. The fact that on one hand we've got Murdoch controlling the global flow of information - and on the other hand a Zuckerberg, who, let's never forget, outright banned anyone suggesting Covid might be a lab-leak - that shows the bleakness of our situation.

Sadly, i can't see anyone investigating Covid. What are you gonna find? It was a massive system-failure - that resulted in a dramatic increase in power to the system . Why on earth would we, as system-GODs want to blow the lid on that? As with the Aus election, there was zero coverage re Covid as an election issue. Zero. Most disruptive event since WW2 but doesn't rate a mention. We are living in a Lie-a-verse - a non-real reality - a flat-earth society.

Mid-terms

by dan, Friday, November 11, 2022, 18:47 (524 days ago) @ dulan drift

Sadly, i can't see anyone investigating Covid. What are you gonna find? It was a massive system-failure - that resulted in a dramatic increase in power to the system . Why on earth would we, as system-GODs want to blow the lid on that?

Yeah, that wouldn't serve those in power at all. I can't help but think more recently about how absurd it is that we have in our cities enormous wealth, extraordinary wealth, individuals with so much money they couldn't spend it in 100 lifetimes, on the same block as people dying of preventable illness. That's another thing we dare not talk about. Because what's the answer? Drug addicts, criminals, degenerates, don't they deserve to rot? In the US, oh, sorry, got cancer and couldn't pay the bills so lost your house? Well, kind of a fuck up you are, ehe?

And let's not even waste or time talking about Somalia or Lebanon or all those other countries we can't find on a map and that don't matter.

It's all smoke and mirrors. Smoke and mirrors. Nothing to see here, folks. Keep moving. Keep buying if you can, and if you can't, well then fuck off.

RSS Feed of thread