Cloud Seeding (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, August 28, 2022, 19:06 (579 days ago)

Some people act like super-powers manipulating the weather is some wild conspiracy theory, but cloud-seeding is weather manipulation. It was invented in 1946 - been going on in some shape or form up to this day. The CCP is currently carrying out major seedings to combat the drought.

Science: In the 1940s, atmospheric scientist Bernard Vonnegut found that particles of silver iodide can cause supercool clouds of water vapor to freeze into snow in the lab. (He is the brother of writer Kurt Vonnegut, whose fictional ice-nine was partially inspired by the discovery.) Particles like silver iodide can provide a scaffold on which water molecules can align themselves into a crystalline structure or, in other words, freeze. The technique has been used by militaries and civilian governments on and off ever since.

Britannica: Many substances have been used, but solid carbon dioxide (dry ice) and silver iodide have been the most effective.

I wonder if there's any long term effect on earth's climate by pumping carbon dioxide or silver iodide into the atmosphere? What happens to all these chemicals? Do they accumulate?

It's still not conclusive as to whether cloud-seeding works significantly, or not. It works in the lab, but it's hard to measure coz of all the variables in real clouds. The Science article claims it's recently been 'verified' but i'm not convinced. According to Science it was incontrovertibly proven that Covid came from pangolin - which, in turn, was proof that Science will publish whatever crap they feel best serves their financial interests. So not real trustworthy as a source.

Instead, what jumps out for me was this sentence: Even though scientists have been seeding clouds since the 1940s, there was precious little proof the technique worked.

Prof Cotton: (T)he chain of events from seeding to precipitation on the ground .. has been sorely needed for the last 80 years.

So scientists have been seeding clouds for 80 years with carbon dioxide and sliver iodide for 80 years - without knowing the effect. That's a of foreign matter to be pumping into the sky if you don't know what the fuck you're doing.

What if the effect is bad ...? Long-term wise ...?

Cloud Seeding

by dan, Saturday, September 03, 2022, 19:29 (573 days ago) @ dulan drift

An analogy here might be the use of pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, fertilizers, plastics, and of course forever chemicals. They achieve the objective, but at what cost?

We're just now beginning to understand the depth of how all these chemicals affect us and the planet. I wonder to what extent the explosion in rates of neurological syndromes like autism, ADHD, Parkinsons, Alzheimers, and the broad spectrum of autoimmune disorders might be tied in some way to these chemicals that we all consume on a daily basis.

Accumulation

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, September 04, 2022, 11:39 (572 days ago) @ dan

We're just now beginning to understand the depth of how all these chemicals affect us and the planet. I wonder to what extent the explosion in rates of neurological syndromes like autism, ADHD, Parkinsons, Alzheimers, and the broad spectrum of autoimmune disorders might be tied in some way to these chemicals that we all consume on a daily basis.

That's the 'accumulation' factor. You smoke one cigarette, or one smoking chimney, it's not gonna affect you/the planet - but keep that up every day for decades, of course that shit builds up in ya lungs/atmosphere.

Lately i've been thinking about accumulation a lot- philosophically - but not sure why. I like the way your brain accumulates a driving route, for example. The first time you drive it, you remember almost nothing. If you don't drive it ever again, it auto-deletes.

But if you drive that road enough times, it does slowly accumulate into a remembered route. You know the turn-offs, some landmarks, the curves, the over-taking straights, the potholes, the speed cameras, etc... (all the while there's a hidden layer of what you don't know - you remember a certain village - you don't know what goes on in that village)

That first unrememorable time you drove it, is still part of the overall accumulated memory.

So it's the Accumulation that counts, not the individual drives.

How does that relate to cloud-seeding/chemicals ...? Like everything, there's good & bad - it's a spectrum - you can accumulate a level of yoga enlightenment same way you can a drug addiction. You become attached to your accumulations.

I don't know enough about cloud-seeding to know whether there's an accumulation effect or not, but given the extremes of flood and drought we're seeing, you'd think it would be worth investigating. What if it's making everything worse?! But as with the chemicals you mentioned, the people whose job it is to know, don't want to know. More to the point, they don't want Joe Public to know.

This head-in-the-sand mentality is growing greater and greater - you can see it with the academic community's interest in Covid's origin, you can see it with the Taiwan situation, you can see it with the chemicals.

Makes you wonder, why are we paying these layers of bureaucracy billions of dollars to put the world's collective head in the sand?

Let me guess ...

It's the secret higher-truth ...

RSS Feed of thread