Drew Pavlou (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Tuesday, August 02, 2022, 18:50 (632 days ago)

Drew Pavlou is a human-rights activist focused on the CCP's abuses. Rose to fame when he was kicked out of UQ for staging a peaceful protest against CCP influence on campus. He's very good at the stunt-protest - which gets publicity. If you think that's easy, it's not - to infiltrate the MSM world. To do that, to get attention, he operates as a serial-pest.

It's peaceful, but inflammatory ...

For example, he recently filmed himself holding a placard saying Fuck Xi Jinping (written in Chinese only) - in a Chinese enclave suburb in Sydney. It had the desired effect - people were coming up, abusing him - wrestling the sign out of his hands. The key point is the media reported it.

He ran for the senate, lost, handled it with good grace, then went to London to protest a bit there.
Recently he had a plan to glue the flags of Tibet, Taiwan, and the Kökbayraq, a flag used to represent the Uyghurs, onto a plastic Covid shield outside the Chinese embassy.

News: However, at about 4pm that day he was arrested by London’s Metropolitan Police on charges related to criminal damages and items carried with the intent to cause criminal damage to the embassy, and false information to communicating a bomb threat.

Sent from the email: drewpavlou99@proton.me, Mr Pavlou says he has no connection to the address.

“It looked like a 10-year-old had written it. Even if you were trying to set someone up, it wasn’t even believable,” he says.

To date, Met Police have not released a copy of the letter to Mr Pavlou’s legal team. Although Mr Pavlou has only seen it once while being questioned by police, he believes it said: “Hi, this is Drew Pavlou, I’m fighting for the Uyghurs. You have until 12pm to respond to this email and stop the Uyghurs genocide, or I will blow up the embassy with a comb. Regards, Drew.”

For that he was held for 23 hrs - treated as a terrorist suspect - incurring exorbitant legal fees - which reminds you the legal system is designed by the rich, for the rich, of the rich.

He's smart/energetic, but I do worry about him. We've seen what happened to Assange, Snowden - if you're exposing truths about the system - the system comes after you, squeezes you, takes up your time. It's a hard road to hoe.

RSS Feed of thread