Havana Syndrome (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, February 03, 2022, 12:49 (811 days ago)

BBC: Pulsed electromagnetic energy "plausibly explains" some of the cases of the mysterious "Havana Syndrome" illness, a new US intelligence community report says.

The panel found four "core characteristics" that represented the symptoms - including a sense of pressure and that something was coming from a particular direction or location.

The study found that pulsed electromagnetic energy, particularly in the radiofrequency range, "plausibly explains" the core characteristics, although it says that there remain gaps in the information.

It says that non-standard antennas could create the effects on the human body. Such a source could be concealed and require only moderate power. It could also travel through the air and through walls of buildings.

Kinda strange how electromagnetic energy can cause Havana syndrome but it's supposedly safe in 5G antennae transmissions and anyone who says otherwise is a nut.

Andrew Wood, Swinburne: We believe the main biological effect of the electromagnetic radiation from mobile phones is a rise in temperature. There are also concerns that there could be more subtle effects, such as links between long-term exposure and certain types of cancer, but while there is some evidence from epidemiological and animal studies, these remain controversial.

Havana Syndrome

by dan, Friday, February 04, 2022, 19:54 (809 days ago) @ dulan drift

The more I read about 5G, the more I want to live someplace remote when I retire. For 5G to work, you have to be within a few hundred feet of a transmitter/amplifier. The idea is to have them every block or two. They'll be ubiquitous. To say that that will have NO effect on health is dishonest. It will have an effect.

5G is being implemented for driverless vehicles. That's the main reason. They're selling it as something that will make your stupid smart phone work better. Bullshit. It's all about the vehicles. Can you imagine how much money industry will make if they can: 1) not have to hire drivers, and 2) sell all the new vehicles?

This is a corporate rape, basically. It doesn't benefit us. 5G won't benefit me in any way, at all. And we should be selfish and ask ourselves, will this really benefit me? How?

It won't.

Havana Syndrome

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, February 06, 2022, 18:42 (807 days ago) @ dan

5G is being implemented for driverless vehicles. That's the main reason. They're selling it as something that will make your stupid smart phone work better. Bullshit. It's all about the vehicles. Can you imagine how much money industry will make if they can: 1) not have to hire drivers, and 2) sell all the new vehicles?

That's an interesting insight on the driverless vehicles - 5G is paving the cyber way to a world ruled by robots?

This is a corporate rape, basically. It doesn't benefit us. 5G won't benefit me in any way, at all. And we should be selfish and ask ourselves, will this really benefit me? How?

It won't.

Can't think of anything to add to that.

Havana Syndrome

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, February 06, 2022, 18:02 (807 days ago) @ dulan drift

Andrew Wood, Swinburne: We believe the main biological effect of the electromagnetic radiation from mobile phones is a rise in temperature. There are also concerns that there could be more subtle effects, such as links between long-term exposure and certain types of cancer, but while there is some evidence from epidemiological and animal studies, these remain controversial.

The way Nature couches the language is typical of the slippery truth-variant (saw that on a Melbourne protest placard) the world's leading science mag produces.

First off - the rise in temperature is a good point. You don't need to overthink electromagnetic waves floating through space - the point is they're hot. Putting your head/body too close to a source of heat is not good - whether it's a fire or electromagnetic radiation.

Science establishment's Covid response comes from a well-worn playbook:
1. Well, there's no evidence - we know that coz we suppressed it - then when it escapes anyway:

2. There's some evidence from epidemiological and animal studies of a cancer link - but it remains controversial.

So some evidence still = no evidence. (a la Ivermectin, Covid origin, vaccines, you name it)

Nice trick - another one of those mysteries of science that we may never know ...

[image]

5G Sickness

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, April 30, 2023, 20:58 (359 days ago) @ dulan drift

I remember being called a tinfoil-hat 5G nut several times when questioning the origin of Covid. Never thought much about 5G until then, but having seen the shoddy science up close used to discredit lab-leak speculation, i became suspicious about anything that people were being demonized for questioning - including 5G.

Epoch Times: After a 5G base station was installed within 60 meters of her second-floor apartment, a middle-aged, otherwise healthy, Swedish woman developed debilitating symptoms corresponding with radiofrequency (RF)/microwave syndrome, researchers at the Environment and Cancer Research Foundation (ECRF) in Sweden reported this month. This was the third such case the researchers had documented.

According to their case study, published in Annals of Clinical and Medical Case Reports, fifth generation (5G) wireless technology is being rolled out worldwide “despite no previous research on possible negative effects on human health and the environment.”

How the fuck do you rollout 5G worldwide with no previous research on possible negative effects?!

Well we know how - if you block all safety studies then you can keep insisting there's no evidence of negative effects. Which enables you to go open slather.

Studies on possible health effects from exposure to 5G frequencies were all but non-existent until recently. In a study published in October 2022, animals were exposed to the 5G frequency of 3.5 GHz for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week for one month. The exposure caused oxidative stress and an increase of degenerated neurons in the hippocampus region of the brain, in addition to decreased irisin levels, a hormone positively correlated with weight loss and healthy cognitive function.

I recall Dan saying 5G doesn't actually benefit normal people one iota - it's all about running AI tech, especially driverless cars.

So it's global corporate interests pushing it - replete with their usual concern for the health of the little people.

Given the extensiveness of 5G, as a public health disaster, this could surpass the fallout from Covid vaccines. At least with vaccines, most people have stopped taking them, but you can't stop taking 5G radiation if you're in the firing line of a base station.

5G Sickness

by dan, Saturday, May 06, 2023, 14:44 (353 days ago) @ dulan drift

I've always been suspect of 5G simply because there was no public debate about the fact that we're all (those of us in cities anyway) going to be living within a hundred feet or so of 5G repeaters.

I did a bit of research a couple years ago. Here are some links that I collected at the time. I'll add the Epoch article to that.

And just in the last couple of days, I've been reading about and listening to John Gray, a philosopher I'm surprised I wasn't more familiar with, but then I'm far from an academic.

I became aware of his book via this posting on Poetic Outlaws, the title of which is The Myth of Human Progress. That attracted me immediately because for a long time I've held that we don't progress at all. We're the same animal we were 100,000 years ago. We confuse technical progress with human progress, and it's not.

In other words, we think because we're progressing technically, we are somehow 'better'. The current state of the world should obviously dispel any such idea.

I'm just scratching the surface of Gray's ideas, but one seems to be that humanism is the new religion, which aligns with discussions on this forum about science and technology being the new religion.

It all makes sense. Science is what God was, and just as you didn't question God, you don't question Science and its Experts, because to do so will get you burnt at the digital stake in today's world.

And this gets back to 5G and why it's been allowed to simply appear.

RSS Feed of thread