Mass Formation Psychosis (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, January 10, 2022, 12:47 (836 days ago)

This is something we've discussed since 2020 but deserves its own thread.

When Covid first took off i was struck by the fact that here's an event where virtually everyone on the entire planet is thinking about it - at the same time.

The closest i've seen before was 911.

I'm interested in sociology/psychology, so putting everything else aside for a minute, this simultaneous thought convergence was a remarkable event in itself. The world's thought mass at any given time is scattered amongst international, national, local events - that come and go. They act as thought attractors that compete with other thought attractors for attention. Some are big, some are small, some never get going. There's a rough balance. That's normal.

Covid isn't. But here's an admission: Covid has a natural origin. Human nature. Everything is natural (which is not the same as good). Humans are natural vehicles for Thought - they didn't invent it - but very good vehicles. Thought - when hitching its ride with humans at least wants to think bigger - faster - greedierly - to connect - everything.

Humans have now created the thought typhoon of all typhoons - called Covid - now sucking everything into it. This - if it's not balanced out - has The Big One - written all over it.

In the beginning, when Covid's silent bang happened, we didn't know what the above would mean - we're getting a better idea now.

Initially, i thought wow - we're gonna see whether mass psyche or mass psychosis is a real thing or not - recently the term mass formation psychosis was used by Karl Malone on Rogan - and has gained mass-usage since then - so lets go with that.

First i tried googling it - that was interesting in itself. The first two pages are dominated by the usual google Fact Check police 'debunking' it as a term. That tells you something straight away. If Google is censoring it, then they're worried about it.

With Covid-origin or vaccine-hesitancy censorship it's easy to understand what Larry Page would be worried about - both represent a threat to the introduction of a new-normal bio-state and the entrenched nature of globalism - with himself as an MOU - but what's up with the insecurity about three words from textbook psychology vernacular?

Here's my understanding of Mass Formation Psychosis re Covid: the mass, simultaneous thinking about Covid was a bonanza for media. Everyone wanted to know the latest information. People felt vulnerable, afraid. Of course the media loves that. But instead of randomly feeding the fear, the fear was carefully crafted. We were all told to listen to the experts - who were all in agreement - they would navigate us safely through. This messaging was uniform across all media.

Interestingly, if you really wanted to crank up the fear you would have reported on the fact that there was a good chance Covid was a juiced-up super-bug created by scientists in a lab. This would likely have scared people into taking enough precautions in the beginning to wipe Covid out.

But the media/experts didn't do that. I remember thinking i couldn't believe they weren't doing it at the time - but they didn't. The message was: yes, be afraid, but know this is a natural virus, and the only way out is if we all listen to the experts, and comply with what we say in an orderly way. Paradoxically:

stay calm whilst being afraid

In order to steer us safely through, all our basic freedoms were restricted - while power was further centralized - welcome to our new biostate world!

Therein lies the magic trick of mass formation psychosis:

(a) get everyone (or 80% is enough) thinking the same

(b) separate what they're thinking from the truth

(c) replace it with a made-up 'truth'

(d) vilify the rest

Once you've separated the masses from the real truth, you've now created a mass psychosis that's unrestricted by rationality. As such it becomes a malleable form.

If it's not anchored to truth, then it can now be manipulated to think/do whatever you want it to think/do - mass psyche becomes your plaything.

It's by establishing this state, that a large majority of the world's population were convinced to willingly relinquish a whole human-history full of hard-fought freedoms - virtually overnight. Then watch on/jeer as the dissenters were rounded-up/punished.

Actually, i don't know why i'm writing this - if you want to better understand - simply read Dan's book, The Refuser

Mass Formation Psychosis

by dan, Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 18:10 (835 days ago) @ dulan drift

Here's one of those fact checking articles that attempts to refute the whole notion of mass formation psychosis.

It's main argument is that this is not a term that is found, well, it doesn't exist, and their proof is that experts say so, so there. Here are some excerpts:

Psychology experts say there is no support for the “psychosis” theory described by Malone.

No support? If I support it, does that not count? No, it doesn't.

“To my knowledge, there’s no evidence whatsoever for this concept,” said Jay Van Bavel, an assistant professor of psychology and neural science at New York University who recently co-authored a book on group identities. Van Bavel said he had never encountered the phrase “mass formation psychosis” in his years of research, nor could he find it in any peer-reviewed literature.

Well, there you go! So, now we know that group identities exist, but mass psychosis doesn't! When, exactly, does a group go from just a group to a mass? That's my first question.

The term also does not appear in the American Psychological Association’s Dictionary of Psychology.

Clearly the gold standard of credibility.

Richard McNally, a professor of clinical psychology at Harvard University, wrote in an email that people who support COVID-19 vaccines and public health guidance are not delusional. Rather, they are “fully responsive to the arguments and evidence adduced by the relevant scientific experts.”

Well, I can tell you that this is 100% incorrect. I am fully vaccinated, so in that sense I support the vaccines and public health guidance, but I am certainly, positively not “fully responsive to the arguments and evidence adduced by the relevant scientific experts.” Therefore, Dick's entire premise is incorrect. He's making an all or nothing statement. Dick, you're wrong. I am proof.

And it goes on.

One thing that gets me is that nowhere in this detraction does anybody address one of Malone's claims -- that the group think (does that work for you, Jay?) is supporting government and corporate covid policies in an unquestioning, irrational manner similar to how the Germans supported the Nazis. What they aren't addressing is how did the Nazis get good Germans to support the extermination of the Jews? If that wasn't some sort of mass psychosis, what was it? What's the word for that? Because it is that type of irrational behaviour that is happening on a mass scale, whatever you choose to call it.

Mass Formation Psychosis

by dulan drift ⌂, Saturday, January 15, 2022, 07:07 (832 days ago) @ dan

One thing that gets me is that nowhere in this detraction does anybody address one of Malone's claims -- that the group think (does that work for you, Jay?) is supporting government and corporate covid policies in an unquestioning, irrational manner similar to how the Germans supported the Nazis. What they aren't addressing is how did the Nazis get good Germans to support the extermination of the Jews? If that wasn't some sort of mass psychosis, what was it? What's the word for that? Because it is that type of irrational behaviour that is happening on a mass scale, whatever you choose to call it.

Exactly. The Nazi situation was a human phenomenon - not a uniquely German one. It can happen anywhere.

People tend to think that one morning Germans woke up and started exterminating the Jews - it wasn't like that - it was a gradual rising tide of manipulated sentiment. There was no 'giant leap' into darkness - it was incremental - the frog in the boiling water - people are barely aware it's going on. Rational thinking - the ability to process information - is slowly converted into mass-irrationality.

Make no mistake, people have always been prone to this, but it doesn't usually happen with so many, at the same time.

The Djokovic case is a small but relevant example. A judge ruled in his favour - even scolded the ominously named Border Force for detaining him when he'd been issued a visa by Australian authorities before he came.

That should have been the end of it. But then Mass Conditioning Psychosis (my new name for it) took over. The public outrage that people have been conditioned to feel against designated demons - that is platformed fanned by the media* - turned on Djokovic to the extent that the Aus Govt felt emboldened to overturn the 'rule of law' and again order his deportation.

With no scientific rationality involved in the decision whatsoever. Not one skerrick.

Pure mob-driven emotionalism - which in turn is shaped/directed by a relatively small clique of power elites.

* news anchors abused Djokovic on hot mic - strategically leaked:
Maddern: Novak Djokovic is a lying, sneaky, arse-hole.
Amor: You've got a bullshit fucking excuse and then he fell over his own fucking lies.
Good to know our newsreaders are impartial. In keeping with the mass-psychosis phenom - their popularity soared.

But how about applying the above to the media's cover-up of Covid's origin?

The media are a pack of lying, sneaky, arse-holes. They've got a bullshit fucking excuse for covering-up the origin of Covid and then they fell over their own fucking lies.

Mass Formation Psychosis

by dulan drift ⌂, Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 12:59 (772 days ago) @ dan

A relevant video: MASS PSYCHOSIS - How an Entire Population Becomes MENTALLY ILL

That describes our current predicament to a tee.

Pretty sure the Premier of Victoria, Dan Andrews, is a purveyor of this madness. Some of his lines were straight from the video - especially the stuff about hoovering up all our freedoms to keep us safe, then announcing that 'freedom' can only be accessed again by compliance to the regulations of the 'new normal'.

Worryingly, the video suggests that Covid (actually it doesn't mention Covid) is only one in a series of fear-inducing measures. Wonder what they've got for the next trick?

Jung should be taught in school - not only at university if you choose to study psychology. A good teacher could easily present his key points to year 11-12's. We have the absurd situation where the 'experts' with the most relevant wisdom for dealing with out societal problems are virtually banished from our educational curriculum.

Why? Because Empiricism (modern science), with its insistence that it is right about everything, has effected a totalitarian power-grab to install itself as our knowledge gate-keepers and final arbiters. Everyone else has to shut up and take their medicine.

Further research

by dulan drift ⌂, Saturday, April 02, 2022, 06:12 (755 days ago) @ dulan drift

Haven't gone through this in detail but will park it here for reference. It's a thread by intrepid researcher Billy Bostickson that explores the history of mass mind-control efforts.

I have come to the conclusion that that is what Covid is all about - whether as a deliberate ploy or as an opportunistic strike.

I'm getting a little disheartened by our powerlessness to affect this Great Reset despite the evidence of corruption being overwhelming. It's no longer a debate about what's true - THE scientists have zero interest in that - it's a war between forces of mass-control versus the individual.

https://twitter.com/BillyBostickson/status/1509839594438934540

99.7% of Taiwan cases Asymptomatic

by dulan drift ⌂, Saturday, April 02, 2022, 17:52 (754 days ago) @ dulan drift

This could easily go in the None of this is Real thread but it fits here equally well.

How can we still have freedom regulations. mass data-scraping, and be injecting kindergarten kids with experimental vaccines against a disease that, in its Omicron form, is resulting in 99.7% asymptomatic cases?

This is the precedent-setting bio-state trap Covid has opened up for the experts/media/politicians. If you can do it for a disease that's 99.7% invisible, you can do it for anything.

How large parts of the population are swallowing this can only be explained in psychological terms.

99.7% of Taiwan cases Asymtomatic

by dan, Saturday, April 02, 2022, 18:48 (754 days ago) @ dulan drift

You're right. It's completely absurd. This virus is making fewer people sick than the flu or possibly even the common cold at this point.

I've seen this over and over at work. Students get tested because they're close contacts, are positive, with no symptoms. It's nuts.

99.7% of Taiwan cases Asymtomatic

by dan, Saturday, April 02, 2022, 19:06 (754 days ago) @ dan

Meanwhile, this sort of shit is happening in Shanghai.

SHANGHAI, April 2 (Reuters) - Esther Zhao thought she was doing the right thing when she brought her 2-1/2-year-old daughter to a Shanghai hospital with a fever on March 26.

Three days later, Zhao was begging health authorities not to separate them after she and the little girl both tested positive for COVID-19, saying her daughter was too young to be taken away to a quarantine centre for children.

Doctors then threatened Zhao that her daughter would be left at the hospital, while she was sent to the centre, if she did not agree to transfer the girl to the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center in the city's Jinshan district.

The U.S., French and Italian foreign consulates have warned their citizens in Shanghai that family separations could happen as Chinese authorities executed COVID curbs, according to notices seen by Reuters.

So, is this what the rest of the world is moving towards?

Smart Dictatorship

by dulan drift ⌂, Tuesday, April 05, 2022, 19:34 (751 days ago) @ dan

Meanwhile, this sort of shit is happening in Shanghai.

... So, is this what the rest of the world is moving towards?

I'm guessing Yes - if the Scio-state experts have anything to do with it - which they do.

This is a kinda cross-thread with the Vax 2022 one about Lancet's grand plan to humanely vaccinate Africa with rapid action - which originally i started writing here as an extension of your question - but filed it under vax wars.

Both are examples of the Smart Dictatorship thinking many scientists (empiricists) have. First, inviolable law is: I'm a scientist, therefore I'm right - about everything. It's based on a dangerous conceit that has long been identified by philosophers as a fatal flaw, but in modern times that voice has been drowned out. At least it explains the affinity academic institutions developed with the CCP and the extraordinary lengths scientists went to to cover-up the origin of Covid.

This video on Twitter by Izwe Lethu - an interview with Dennis Meadows exploring the upside of totalitarian rule - encapsulates that thinking.

https://twitter.com/LandNoli/status/1470284477515677696

Anthrax

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, May 01, 2022, 10:32 (725 days ago) @ dulan drift

This is a quote from the Anthax book i'm working on - but it could fit here too.

BBC/SUSAN WATTS:

America's anthrax attack last autumn was second only to that on the Twin Towers in the degree of shock and anxiety it caused...Some even say the anthrax letters triggered sub-clinical hysteria in the American people...yet this, the first major act of biological terrorism the world has seen remains an unsolved crime...

As Dan pointed out, the mass psychosis we're seeing now is not hysteria exactly - it's conformity, hence formation - which involves mass-abrogation of personal responsibility.

But they're both examples of the mass-consciousness being captured, permanently altered, for corrupt reasons.

Anthrax

by dan, Friday, May 13, 2022, 16:18 (713 days ago) @ dulan drift

... it's conformity, hence formation - which involves mass-abrogation of personal responsibility.

Well put. The warm fuzzy feeling of conformity frees one of all responsibility.

It's all fear based. Induce fear, offer a way out through following the leader, follow the leader through conforming. Fear gone, warm fuzzy feeling.

RSS Feed of thread