The Fiction Thread (General)

by dan, Friday, July 30, 2021, 20:10 (994 days ago)

With Dulan Drift's recent deep dive into everything DNA, and our continued look at viruses, corruption, thought control, and the basic shit storm that is our existence, I began noticing how many works of fiction align too eerily well with what's going on, and I'd like a place to post those works when convenient, hence this thread.

The Fiction Thread

by dan, Friday, July 30, 2021, 20:14 (994 days ago) @ dan

We watched a movie tonight that is a playbook for big pharma, The Constant Gardener.

Excellent movie about the depths big pharma and government will go to to make money and protect themselves.

In this movie, BP is testing dodgy TB drugs in Africa because they were clearly dangerous. I wonder to what extent China is using Africa for the same ends.

Excellent movie.

The Fiction Thread

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 10:05 (967 days ago) @ dan

1984, Animal Farm, Brave New World are obvious ones.

I'd also include Lord of the Flies. The point of LotF was that the devil and demonizing are more important than God in terms of controlling a society.

The thing about the rise of Science/Empiricism is that it's killed off God. You can say that religions are corrupt but the actual Gods they were meant to be based on are usually benevolent, ethical concepts.

If you remove them from society then you're left with the demonizing we've seen by the science community as the main controlling force.

RSS Feed of thread