FDA banning NAC (General)

by dan, Thursday, July 29, 2021, 13:29 (996 days ago)

I’m stunned. For the first time, this FDA corruption has directly affected me.

I’ve just started to do research on this, but it appears they have or are in the process of banning NAC, N-Acetylcystein. NAC is wonderful stuff. I’ve been taking it for years. I first became aware of it probably 20 years ago when I had one of those cases of the Taiwan crud that leaves you swimming in mucous and struggling to breathe. Sound familiar? Sound a little relevant to current events?

One of the things the clinic prescribed me was NAC. Whenever I’d get one of those bags of drugs from a Taiwan clinic, I’d always research every one before taking it, throw half of them out and take the rest.

NAC is a mucolytic. It dissolves mucous in your lungs. As such, it helps your immune system get in there and do its thing. It also improves the efficacy of antibiotics. It’s cheap, safe, and can be bought OTC, well, until recently.

Oh, and it supports your liver, and bonds to harmful heavy metals such as mercury, thereby expelling them from your system in your urine. If I was told I could only have one supplement, it would be NAC. If you ever have that phlegmy feeling in your lungs, NAC is the compound you want.

Living in Kaohsiung, with all the air pollution, horrible water, and alcohol that just seemed to be around all the time, I started feeling older than my years. Also, I swam in these pools that were just horrid. So I started taking NAC for it’s liver support, and sure enough, within a few months, I started feeling better. It wasn’t immediate, but it was real.

So NAC has been a big deal for me over the years. And now they’re banning it! But why? Why now?

It appears that NAC might be effective in preventing COVID and also in decreasing its severity.

There's plenty of research into NAC for COVID going on, in addition to clinical trials:

The potential mechanism of N-acetylcysteine in treating COVID-19

Efficacy of N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) in Preventing COVID-19 From Progressing to Severe Disease

N-Acetylcysteine to Combat COVID-19: An Evidence Review

From the last on the list:

N-acetylcysteine (NAC) is inexpensive, has very low toxicity, has been FDA approved for many years, and has the potential to improve therapeutic strategies for COVID-19. NAC administered intravenously, orally, or inhaled, may suppress SARS-CoV-2 replication and may improve outcomes if used timely. Potential therapeutic benefits of NAC include, extracellularly scavenging ROS radicals, replenishing intracellular GSH, suppression of cytokine storm, and T cell protection, thus mitigating inflammation and tissue injury. NAC administration in combination with other antiviral agents may dramatically reduce hospital admission rate, mechanical ventilation and mortality.

And that is the nail in the coffin for NAC. We can't have useful, cheap, OTC treatments for covid. That would be disastrous for big pharma and would end the emergency use of vaccines.

From FDA Protects Covid-19 Vaccine Makers Seeks Withdrawal Of Competing Dietary Supplement:

In its overcommitment to vaccination to quell infectious diseases, the FDA appears to be hiding behind its own regulations on behalf of vaccine and drug makers who are allowed to market their experimental vaccines under emergency use provisions of the law given that COVID-19 allegedly threatens the life of every human being on the planet.

The regulatory statute that authorizes emergency use of vaccines carries with it the caveat that as long as “there are no adequate approved and available alternatives.” NAC may just be such an alternative that would block emergency use of COVID-19 vaccines.

I always knew NAC was somewhat of a wonder compound. It's so good, the FDA is going to ban it. What kind of world are we living in?

FDA banning NAC

by dan, Thursday, July 29, 2021, 13:30 (996 days ago) @ dan

Correction:

And that is the nail in the coffin for NAC. We can't have useful, cheap, OTC treatments for covid. That would be disastrous for big pharma and would end the emergency use of vaccines.

It's the nail in the coffin for OTC NAC.

FDA banning NAC

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, July 29, 2021, 20:01 (996 days ago) @ dan

Shocked! - but not surprised. There's been too little effort put into therapeutics - it's all about vaccines. Didn't realize the FDA was banning them though.

All we had was Remdesivir - which had shady backing from EcoHealth and WIV - doesn't seem that useful.

Ivermectin sounded kinda interesting but also got trashed by establishment.

I'm still weighing vaccines - but it's not a bravado thing - still nervous to take Covid on full-frontal - so very interested in alternative defenses.

FDA banning NAC

by dan, Friday, July 30, 2021, 06:29 (996 days ago) @ dulan drift

It appears this might not be an outright ban yet. But they have convinced Amazon to stop selling it an major manufacturers to stop producing it. It appears they can't legally ban it yet for reasons I'm still piecing together. (Perhaps because the stuff is harmless?)

It looks like the J&J vaccine I got is down to 65% effective, so about the same as the flu vaccine. So it's good to know that NAC might provide some additional protection.

It's been known for years that NAC protects against the flu.

Edited for massive typos. I shouldn't try to think, write, speak, or chew gum until I've been up at least an hour.

FDA banning NAC

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 09:54 (968 days ago) @ dan

[image]

FDA banning NAC

by dan, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 18:33 (968 days ago) @ dulan drift

This is why Bernie Sanders will never, ever, ever be nominated for president. A prerequisite for nomination is the willingness to kiss corporate butt.

FDA banning NAC

by dan, Saturday, August 28, 2021, 14:42 (966 days ago) @ dulan drift

EPA is falsifying risk assessments for dangerous chemicals, say whistleblowers

This article exposes the revolving door culture in the US EPA, the revolving door being between the EPA and the chemical companies it is meant to protect us from.

In short, a whistleblower goes into detail of how EPA managers fast tracked the OK of ALL new chemicals, even those that EPA scientists had serious concerns about. It's a story of intimidation, bullying, power, and money.

RSS Feed of thread