Dong Jingwei (General)

by dan, Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 19:53 (1031 days ago)

Chinese spy Dong Jingwei ‘defects to the West while offering Covid secrets’

This story has been developing for a few days even though it appears he disappeared in February. \\Rumours are swirling that Mr Dong has passed on important information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology, at the centre of the covid lab leak theory which had been dismissed as a “conspiracy” by many for the last year-and-a-half but is now being reignited.

And that's just it, rumors. But if his defection is true, and if the timing is accurate, it would inject an interesting perspective on the western shift to a more accommodating stance on the possibility of a lab leak.

Dong Jingwei

by dan, Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 19:54 (1031 days ago) @ dan

Notably, this isn't getting much play in the media.

Dong Jingwei

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, June 23, 2021, 06:56 (1030 days ago) @ dan

I don't get all the secrecy - if he's defected and got something to say - just bloody well tell us. Why not?

Same as the lab-workers who were hospitalized with 'flu-like symptoms' - why did the intelligence agencies sit on that for so long?

Seems like they're going for the Anthrax solution all over again - let it drag on for many years and subside in a pool of murky uncertainty - that way we don't have to do anything to address it.

Meanwhile Eddie Holmes et al have written a new paper warning us "this may not be the big one."

Holmes: I think we need to face reality here - Coronavirus pandemics are not a once in a hundred year event. The next one could come at any time. It could come in 50 years or in 10 years. Or it could be next year.

Eddie you need to face reality. You (as co-author of Proximal Origin) were in the thick of the greatest academic fraud the world has ever seen. If you're allowed to keep doing your crazy GoF experiments then yeah - there will certainly be another one.

Personally, basic deduction tells me it was a lab-leak - there's more than enough evidence to reach that conclusion - but in terms of 'nails in the coffin' to shut down the 'off-the-rails' scientific culture that caused Covid, then if there's a defector wanting to spill - let's hear it!

RSS Feed of thread