Covid Anti-viral Wars - Hydroxy V Remdesivir (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, February 03, 2021, 11:15 (1150 days ago)

There's something fishy going on here. Hydroxy was touted as a possible cure in the early stages - which would have been great coz it's cheap and already had regulatory approval.

But then Lancet (the same Science journal that published Daszak's scientists' petition saying China was "open and transparent"), published a paper stating that Hydroxy resulted in increased death.

The paper was 'peer reviewed'. The publication of this paper resulted in Hydroxy being withdrawn from use and further trials stopped.

In its place Remdesivir, championed by WIV/EcoHealth scientists (including Bat Lady and Batman) was promoted as the drug of choice.

Following a lot of pressure from doctors, Lancet was forced to retract the Hydroxy study, which was a blatant fraud, but by then the damage was done. To this day, anyone who says 'Hang on, maybe Hydroxy is worth a look' get's the full conspiracy theorist name-calling treatment.

There was a good example of that in Australia today:

A politician, Craig Kelly, who dared suggest Hydroxy might actually be effective was howled down in parliament as "dangerous and irresponsible", a "dangerous fool", "persisting in disseminating misinformation concerning COVID-19" (Dr Karen Price), "a crackpot", "a dangerous menace and a threat to the nation’s COVID response" (Mark Butler), "hare-brained" (Dr. Michael Gannon), a spreader of "crazy conspiracy theories" and "a nong" (Tanya Plibersek).

Those hurling the insults included various presidents of Australia's peak health bodies as well as politicians. None of them addressed what the guy actually said - which seems to be typical of this kind of over-the-top cancel-culture reaction.

Here's the thing - Kelly's crime was to relay the findings of Australian immunologist, Emeritus Professor Robert Clancy of the University of Newcastle who reported that "evidence showed hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin were safe and should be used."

As with the Origins question, the more the experts resort to hysterical name-calling, the more curious it makes me as to what they might be hiding.

Remdesivir - Daszak - Shi

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, February 04, 2021, 17:13 (1149 days ago) @ dulan drift

Peter Daszak:

"We (EcoHealth-Daszak) worked with the scientists (WIV-Shi) behind the breakthrough drug Remdesivir to show that it was effective against known human coronaviruses and the viruses we suspected might be the next to emerge. We raised the red flag on these viruses and pointed out their potential to cause the next pandemic."

So, you discovered - through GoF experiments - a drug - that not only showed efficacy against the virus you were genetically altering - but also became the go-to therapeutic for Covid? Good job! What are the odds?! You hit upon the 1 in 1.7 mil (undiscovered viruses - which are perpetually evolving) jackpot right there in downtown Wuhan?! Right where the outbreak would coincidentally happen. That's pure genius. What incredible foresight!

Guessing a shit load of money went down with that there Remdesivir deal - coincidentally - trust you got your just desserts Dazza - for your heroic efforts?

Was it stock, a retainer deal, EcoHealth funding...?

Or just the goodness of your heart?

Remdesivir - side effects

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, February 04, 2021, 20:50 (1149 days ago) @ dulan drift

Results from an ongoing phase 3 study published in the New England Journal of Medicine:

"Adverse events occurred at similar rates in both groups: 70% in the 5-day group and 74% in the 10-day group. The most common side effects included nausea (9%); worsening respiratory failure (8%); elevated alanine aminotransferase level, indicating liver damage (7%); and constipation (7%). Overall, 21% of patients in the 5-day group and 35% in the 10-day group had serious adverse events.

In the 5-day group, 4% of patients stopped treatment because of adverse events, versus 10% in the 10-day group. Adjusting for baseline clinical status revealed that only serious adverse events were different between the two groups, the most common of which in the 10-day group were acute respiratory failure (9% versus 5%) and respiratory failure (5% versus 2%).

After 14 days, 16 patients (8%) in the 5-day group and 21 patients (11%) in the 10-day group had died."

70% 'adverse events' sounds not too good.

Researchers identify drug 10 times better than Remdesivir

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 09:17 (1128 days ago) @ dulan drift

More evidence that the promotion of Remdesivir has more to do with money than efficacy:

"National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University researchers have identified four antiviral drug candidates that can inhibit SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19, the team leader said on Tuesday.

One of the drug candidates — JMY206 — is more than 10 times stronger than remdesivir, the first antiviral drug fully certified for the treatment of COVID-19, said Yang Jinn-moon (楊進木), dean of the university’s College of Biological Science and Technology.

The other drugs identified are boceprevir, an oral, direct-acting hepatitis C virus protease inhibitor; telaprevir, a hepatitis C drug; and nelfinavir, an antiretroviral drug used to treat HIV-positive patients."

Seems there are a bunch of drugs equal to or better than Remdesivir - so why is it the only one given approval?

This is reminiscent of the 2001 anthrax terror attack where Cipro became the 'Drug of the Day' despite several other antibiotics being equally effective.

TriCor (fenofibrate) - 'Astounding' efficacy

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 05:25 (947 days ago) @ dulan drift

A new candidate in the treatment of Covid:

Medical: Professor Yaakov Nahmias' team at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem .. identified the lipid-lowering drug TriCor (fenofibrate) as an effective antiviral last year, showing it both reduced lung cell damage and blocked virus replication in the laboratory. These results have since been confirmed by several international research teams. An observational study carried out in multiple clinical centers in Israel was reported last October to support the original findings.

15 severe-hospitalized COVID-19 patients with pneumonia requiring oxygen support were treated. The patients were given 145 mg/day of TriCor (fenofibrate) for 10 days and continuously monitored for disease progression and outcomes.

Nahmias: The results were astounding. Progressive inflammation markers, that are the hallmark of deteriorative COVID-19, dropped within 48 hours of treatment. Moreover, 14 of the 15 severe patients didn't require oxygen support within a week of treatment, while historical records show that the vast majority severe patients treated with the standard of care require lengthy respiratory support.

Prof. Shlomo Maayan, Head of Infectious Disease Unit at Barzilai: All patients were discharged within less than a week after the treatment began and were discharged to complete the 10-day treatment at home, with no drug-related adverse events reported. Further, fewer patients reported COVID-19 side effects during their 4-week follow-up appointment.

Medical: TriCor (fenofibrate) was approved by the FDA in 1975 for long-term use and has a strong safety record.

Another example of an existing drug with a track record of safe usage that works against Covid - but appears to have been ignored in 'the great vaccine quest'. Guess it's no coincidence that it has come to light in Israel where they have one of the the highest rates of vaccination in the world but are facing a post-vac wave.

Found it on @BillyBostickson - but you have to wonder why this isn't headline news around the world.

TriCor (fenofibrate) - 'Astounding' efficacy

by dan, Thursday, August 26, 2021, 15:57 (946 days ago) @ dulan drift

Interesting. Meanwhile, here in Japan where Tokyo is having over 5,000 cases a day and I spend my days in rooms full of children, I'm taking 500mg of acetyl cysteine twice a day.

I'm also on the lookout for OTC drugs and supplements that may delay or prevent Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia from developing. NAC is actually one of such a group that, taken together, has shown hope. That's NAC, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Acetyl Carnitine, and I believe Sam-e. All of these are potential big pharma killers, so you won't see much in the press on them. I'll post some quickly found sources below and look for something more substantial, but I'm sure I've read of studies on preventative effectiveness of such a combination.

Another major natural supplement that is astounding is boswellia which is an extract of the sap of Boswellia serrata, which is related to frankincense. I have this theory that, at least in myth, the three wise men brought baby Jesus frankincense (didn't they? I was not very attentive in Sunday school) for reasons that the modern medical establishment would prefer we don't understand. I think it has profound properties and I take it regularly.

Put it this way, since I started taking boswellia, I have been able to completely stop taking NSAIDs, and that's with one knee with no cartilage and a herniated disk. It's anti-inflammatory, obviously, but it's more than that.

The problem is that much of what is sold is crap, or completely fake. So if you get it, make sure it's the real think. It smells like, well, frankincense.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28499986/

https://www.alzdiscovery.org/cognitive-vitality/ratings/n-acetylcysteine

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28549801/

Ivermectin

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, August 30, 2021, 11:36 (942 days ago) @ dan

This is an example of the anti-ivermectin propaganda in Australia by the public-funded broadcaster, ABC:

ABC: The cheap and common drug is promoted by anti-COVID vaccination or anti-lockdown figures, like former Liberal backbencher Craig Kelly and a number of US conservative, fringe campaigners.

TGA: The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), part of the Department of Health, has detected increased importation and prescribing of Ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. The TGA strongly discourages self-medication and self-dosing with Ivermectin for COVID-19 as it may be dangerous to your health.

ABC: The TGA has not approved the drug for COVID-19 treatment, saying more investigation was needed.

More investigation? You'd have to ask what are you waiting for? There's been enough time to invent a bunch of vaccines and inject them into half the population of the planet - but not enough time to investigate the efficacy of a 'cheap, common drug' that already exists?

RSS Feed of thread