Totalitarianism - Myanmar Coup (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, February 01, 2021, 18:17 (1152 days ago)

"Myanmar's military has seized power after detaining civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi and other senior members of her governing party.

The coup follows a landslide win by Ms Suu Kyi's party in an election which the army claims was marred by fraud."

Below is the Global Times's take:

"Experts said the military's actions can be seen as an adjustment to the country's dysfunctional power structure. China has maintained good relations with both the current government and the military, and it hopes that the two sides can reach a compromise through negotiations to maintain peace and stability. They also noted the country should be wary of possible external interference."

Another one back in the fold.

Totalitarianism - Myanmar Coup

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, February 03, 2021, 13:09 (1150 days ago) @ dulan drift

This is why the UN is a joke.

"China has blocked a UN Security Council statement condemning the military coup in Myanmar."

Myanmar expert Elliott Prasse-Freeman, of the National University of Singapore, told the BBC.

"Through this foreign policy equivalent of gaslighting, China seems to be signalling its tacit support, if not emphatic endorsement, for the generals' actions. China seems to be proceeding as if this is Myanmar's 'internal issue' in which what we are observing is a 'cabinet reshuffle,' as China's state media put it."

Why can't we listen to a few more political experts like the above guy - instead of on-the-take-from-China science experts all the time?

Totalitarianism - Myanmar - China

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, March 15, 2021, 08:01 (1110 days ago) @ dulan drift

At least 18 people have been killed as anti-China protests spiralled into deadly violence in Myanmar overnight.

The Chinese Embassy in Yangon urged Myanmar’s military leaders to take action and impose martial law to protect its citizens.

Beijing said people armed with iron bars, axes and petrol burned and damaged 10 Chinese factories in the suburb of Hlaing Tharyar

CCP: (We urge the military to) take further effective measures to stop all acts of violence, punish the perpetrators in accordance with the law and ensure the safety of life and property of Chinese companies and personnel in Myanmar.

The nation’s military obliged and shortly after, gunfire began to ring out and military trucks rolled through the streets

It's clear that the Myanmar military is a puppet regime for China's totalitarian expansionism. Western government's can make 'internal affairs' excuses for standing back and watching the oppression of HK's people by China, but what's the excuse for Myanmar?

At what point will the world accept that totalitarianism doesn't die off by itself if you just ignore it?

We have to decouple from China in terms of trade as a first step. That's gonna be very hard to do coz we've let it get way out of hand, but it's the only solution.

The second step is be prepared for WW3. It's that serious. Of course, nobody wants war - especially on that scale - i can hardly believe i'm writing it - but if we want HK people to be free, is there any other way?

Myanmar as Covid Origin?

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, March 15, 2021, 12:27 (1110 days ago) @ dulan drift

This is 'out there' - but - is Myanmar going to be announced as the origin? Daszak and the WHO cabal keep telling us the origin "points towards the border" in SE Asia, outside China.

Myanmar would make a perfect patsy. It borders China, China already dictates orders to the Myanmar military - could there be a you-scratch-my-back manoeuvre going on?

Strange shaped country when you look at it - that long tail down the coast. Quite big overall as well

[image]

Myanmar as Covid Origin?

by dan, Friday, March 19, 2021, 19:57 (1106 days ago) @ dulan drift

Damn, I knew I read a reference to Myanmar today and I found it here: https://www.wpr.org/who-points-wildlife-farms-southern-china-likely-source-pandemic

"And so Daszak and others on the WHO team believe that the wildlife farms provided a perfect conduit between a coronavirus-infected bat in Yunnan (or neighboring Myanmar) and a Wuhan animal market." Emphasis added.

I just ran across this article that you've probably read. https://thebulletin.org/2020/06/did-the-sars-cov-2-virus-arise-from-a-bat-coronavirus-r...

We're still living in a hotel, just got a car today, and keys to a new house we'll be moving into in a week or so. When I was young I thought living a transient lifestyle was cool. Now I think it sucks.

Myanmar as Covid Origin?

by dulan drift ⌂, Saturday, March 20, 2021, 07:01 (1105 days ago) @ dan

Myanmar ticks a lot of boxes for the CCP - most importantly it's outside of China - secondly they can lean on it to take the fall and/or blame it onto Aung San Suu Kyi.

The fact that Daszak has already flagged it is another sign that they're at least toying with the idea.

However, i do sense a shifting of the ground in the media - finally. It will be interesting to watch the contortions that the media and scientists go through to execute the triple back-flips with pike needed to transition from staunch deniers of the lab-leak theory to the ones who uncovered it and revealed the truth to us all.

I imagine there will be lots of phrases like 'emerging evidence' and '20-20 hindsight'. The fact is the evidence has always been there.

Yes, moving sucks. When i move i always think 'i must be earning money - coz i'm working so hard' - but you're not - you're just working hard. Anyway, it must be good to be out of the freezer, even though those white-outs would have their own other-worldly charm.

Myanmar as Covid Origin?

by dan, Saturday, March 20, 2021, 20:43 (1105 days ago) @ dulan drift

Yes, moving sucks. When i move i always think 'i must be earning money - coz i'm working so hard' - but you're not - you're just working hard. Anyway, it must be good to be out of the freezer, even though those white-outs would have their own other-worldly charm.

It is good to move on! The white outs were indeed other-worldly, but I have videos so no need for more direct experience. It is hard work, moving. We figure that this has been so much trouble that we have to stay here at least three years; otherwise, it would all be somewhat pointless. And it is a beautiful area. Very nice indeed.

RSS Feed of thread