Localized downpour (Weather)

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, March 04, 2012, 22:18 (4436 days ago)

[image]

Just had a few, but quite heavy raindrops on the roof, made me check the radar. Doesn't seem to be anything here, but looks like there was a huge downpour (ongoing)in a small area around the Hualien Ilan border.

Occasionally, we will get one of those - where it pours here but nowhere else on the island - and around this time of year - hoping we can fluke one - it's nice to be meteorologically special.

[image]

Looks like Taiwan catching on fire.

Localized downpour

by dan, Monday, March 05, 2012, 10:15 (4436 days ago) @ dulan drift

We were definitely within one of those little blue dots last night. I awoke a few times to the sound of some pretty heavy rain, and some strong winds this morning. I like it. This morning it's been very nice due to the fact that we have some clouds and a breeze.

Localized downpour

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, March 05, 2012, 15:56 (4435 days ago) @ dan

We didn't get much here - less than 1 ml, but the cloud cover is welcome. i just got back from Taidong and it's about 5 degrees cooler here. In Taidong it was clear skies, sunny, and bloody hot!

Checked the rainfall for that area in south Ilan last night. Nan Ao got 140 ml! That's nearly 6 inches.

Localized downpour

by dan, Monday, March 05, 2012, 18:28 (4435 days ago) @ dulan drift

That's a lot of rain. Today was, overall, very nice here. We had a couple showers in the morning just after I'd planted some things, so that was good. But man the south wind kicked up around noon and didn't let up until nearly 5:00. I was sanding by hand and still getting all sorts of stuff in my eyes. I can't imagine what it would have been like using a power tool.

We were down at the beach around 4:30 and the ocean was making this amazing sound. At least it was a warm wind.

RSS Feed of thread