Aussie crack-squad execute Afghani coz no room on helicopter (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 16:35 (1276 days ago)

Australian special forces, following a violent raid on a rural opium growing community, arrested 7 Afghanis.

A US marine manning the helicopter that air-lifted them out on the operation said:

"And the pilot said, 'That's too many people, we can't carry that many passengers.' And you just heard this silence and then we heard a pop. And then they said, 'OK, we have six prisoners'.

"So it was pretty apparent to everybody involved in that mission that they had just killed a prisoner that we had just watched them catch and hogtie."

Aussie crack-squad execute Afghani coz no room on helicopter

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 16:47 (1276 days ago) @ dulan drift

The whistle blower was a US marine. The marines literally invented what we know (wrongly) as the western meaning of 'gung ho'. (in Chinese it means 'public cooperation' - not 'reckless action regardless of collateral damage')

If a US marine (and ally) is saying you're an out of control killing machine, then you can safely say you've got some core cultural problems.

by dan, Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 17:45 (1276 days ago) @ dulan drift

Very interesting, and it makes total sense. I mean it had to come from somewhere.

by dan, Wednesday, October 21, 2020, 17:50 (1276 days ago) @ dulan drift

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I mean the US Govt was separating families in full view of the media on our own soil, and apparently over 500 children have still not been returned to those families over 2 years later. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/20/politics/children-separation-border/index.html. Those are children, and this done in full view of everyone. Throwing one adult out of a helicopter comes as no surprise then.

by dulan drift ⌂, Saturday, October 24, 2020, 11:36 (1273 days ago) @ dan

These are examples of what happens when you replace 'truth' with 'narrative'.

The truth is: kids were separated from their parents and traumatized for life.

The narrative is: We need to deter illegal immigrants and stop drug dealers and rapists.

Once you've made that leap from 'Well, the truth's all fine and good - but in the 'real world', this is what you need to do to get results...' - that's where the fog of unaccountability settles in the valley.

Exponents inevitably say they have 'valid reasons' for why they can't tell the truth - they'll talk about a 'higher truth' - but now, as a ruling elite, you're in a zone where you can justify whatever the fuck dark impulses you've got using the same thought pattern. Tear children out of their parents arms, shoot bound prisoners, process people through Uyghur-style Vocational Training Centres...

The above are symptomatic of a larger phenomenon that's gone super sonic with the internet. Controlling the narrative. Control the narrative = Control the earth

My depth of feeling for humanity is about normal or slightly less. It's impeded by the knowledge that human thought is not inherently good. It can be amazing, but it's prone to being corrupted - it's greedy and depraving. Huxley would argue that amongst those driven to seek and maintain power, there exists a predilection towards that state.

It's definitely a battle of ideas. With 'freedom to express ideas', being what's at stake.

As with the fight to preserve natural environment - if that battle's lost - it's gone forever.

by dan, Saturday, October 24, 2020, 18:59 (1273 days ago) @ dulan drift

"It's impeded by the knowledge that human thought is not inherently good. It can be amazing, but it's prone to being corrupted - it's greedy and depraving. Huxley would argue that amongst those driven to seek and maintain power, there exists a predilection towards that state."

And this, to me, is at the heart of why we, as a species, are probably fucked. There's a narrative that all the ills of the world can be corrected if only we find the right political solution, and this narrative exists in all political orientations. (The same can be said for religious orientations.)

The narrative is something like, if only we can get this system in place, all will be OK. The reality is that we, as a species, as something in our DNA, have a tragic flaw, something out of balance.

In religion, perhaps that is what's meant by original sin; I don't know, not being religious nor have never studied the Bible or any other religious text, at least in detail.

My working theory is that we have just enough technical intelligence to ruin ourselves, but not enough social intelligence to save ourselves. Put another way, our intelligence allows us to build all these wonderful technologies, but our underlying, base greed and selfishness use these technologies in ways that are ultimately detrimental not only to ourselves as a species, but also to our environment. In other words, we do not have the social (call it spiritual if you like) intelligence as a species to balance our technical intelligence. We are a species run amok by an imbalance of attributes, and that will be our undoing.

And the various narratives, generally, don't address this because those controlling the narratives are not interested in the greater good. They're interested in adding another couple of zeroes to their net wealth.

So if my theory is somewhat accurate, the question is, what would bump our species into the next level of social consciousness, which would include environmental consciousness? Assuming this can't be addressed through an election or a change in fiscal policies, how can we address it? Or, here's the big question, can we actually consciously address it?

Or is it a change that must occur through evolution, which would make it more of a generational process? Will it be a slow evolution, or will it be forced upon us by a cataclysm?

RSS Feed of thread