line-up (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, February 19, 2012, 12:23 (4448 days ago)

Are we in the middle of typhoon season?
[image]

line-up

by dan, Sunday, February 19, 2012, 16:58 (4447 days ago) @ dulan drift

Yea, I noticed that collection of storms. I think this coming summer will be an interesting season given the last few months of odd weather, including the big storm in Nov (?) and the extremely quiet summer of 2011. Summer is right around the corner. I can see that we're going to go directly from this comfortably cool, cloudy weather to blazing sun and scorching heat.

line-up

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, February 20, 2012, 13:33 (4446 days ago) @ dan

[image]

This is the precipitation chart for today (1pm). According to this chart, we have had 30+ ml today, but here at least, there hasn't been anything other than trace amounts. I do think we are going to get a decent amount of rain out of that system to the south, but it would seem that they have jumped the gun a bit.
You had 30+ml in Dong He today? Maybe it all magically missed Xing Chang somehow.

line-up

by dan, Monday, February 20, 2012, 14:10 (4446 days ago) @ dulan drift

We have barely had a sprinkle, though it did rain a very little bit last night. It's looking quite dark off the coast though. There's something definitely heading this way, but it's taking it's time. I already took my walk to the beach in anticipation of a wet afternoon. The CWB is giving us a %100 percent chance of rain for tomorrow, for what that's worth.

line-up

by dan, Monday, February 20, 2012, 14:56 (4446 days ago) @ dulan drift

Yep, there's a wall of rain just a couple hundred meters off the coast.

line-up

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, February 20, 2012, 23:00 (4446 days ago) @ dan

Yep, there's a wall of rain just a couple hundred meters off the coast.

that's the sign!

[image]

according to their latest chart, all that rain that supposedly fell today in this area has magically disappeared!

RSS Feed of thread