wiki - dictionary - home

Tropical Storm Danas (Weather)

by dulan drift, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 19:40 (119 days ago)

Not forecast to develop into a big wind typhoon at this stage but heading towards east coast of Taiwan. Appears to have a lot of moisture to play with. Worth keeping an eye on in case it muscles up - or just for the rain potential

[image]

Typhoon Danas

by dulan drift, Friday, July 19, 2019, 06:36 (116 days ago) @ dulan drift

Interestingly the system split into two - one half drifting harmlessly north off the east coast of Taiwan while the other is lurking to the south of Taiwan - it's the bit to the south will likely have the biggest impact - in Pingtung as usual

Typhoon Danas

by dan @, Friday, July 19, 2019, 06:44 (116 days ago) @ dulan drift

Yes, with the first part coming up here to Japan to give us even more rain. I think we've had about 4 hours of sun since returning over two weeks ago. That's not an exaggeration. Fruit and vegetable prices are rising due to the unusual summer.

TS Danas

by dulan drift, Monday, July 22, 2019, 06:36 (113 days ago) @ dan

The split off/remnants from Danas are impacting the east coast of Taiwan currently - 'only' 50 mil an hour at this stage but looks to be feeding into the coast - if that continues it it could be intense. No big deal in Taiwan probably but if we copped that sort of rain here i'd be on the roof signalling to a rescue helicopter.

[image]

TS Danas

by dulan drift, Monday, July 22, 2019, 18:16 (113 days ago) @ dulan drift

99.5 mm is half an hour in Da-an district Taipei - which is good going!

RSS Feed of thread