Earthquake Upsurge Taiwan (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, November 13, 2017, 22:01 (2327 days ago)

There's always a lot of 'seismic activity' in Taiwan, but 'there's been a lot of seismic activity in Taiwan' recently

Mostly around the big fault running up the central range

The biggest was only 4.9 but there's been some kind of awakening there as that area has been relatively quiet since the 921 uprising

http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V7e/earthquake/quake_index.htm

Earthquake Upsurge Taiwan

by dan, Monday, November 13, 2017, 22:36 (2327 days ago) @ dulan drift

Interesting. Coincidentally, there have been major quakes in other parts of the world in the last 48 hours, specifically the Iran/Iraq border and Costa Rica. That's a pretty big spread!

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, November 13, 2017, 22:54 (2327 days ago) @ dan

Just read about Iran/Iraq one - that looks devastating

They say earthquakes are not connected on a global scale but I wonder...

I don't have a lot of faith in the earthquake academic community - in fact I can't think of one solid advancement that they've made in my lifetime in terms of earthquake prediction

Compare that to the incredible knowledge dicoveries in other fields of endeavour and I wonder what the heck the earthquake guys are doing

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, November 23, 2017, 07:21 (2318 days ago) @ dulan drift

Another big spurt of activity in central Taiwan with 13 quakes in the Nantou Chiayi area in the last 24 hours

I'd be feeling bloody nervous if I lived in that area

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, November 23, 2017, 20:35 (2317 days ago) @ dulan drift

I see it got up to a 5.5 last night around 10.30pm - the little helpers were telling me they felt it quite strongly but I was already asleep - guess I was tired!

RSS Feed of thread