3 Eathquakes in 30 Minutes in Taidong (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, June 26, 2016, 19:35 (2855 days ago)

None of them big - around the 4 mark - and though rapid fire small earthquakes seem to be a common thing in Hualien, it's the first time i have experienced it in Taidong and it's slightly disturbing.

Actually, checking on-line i see there were also a few earlier in the same spot that i didn't feel coz i was out swimming - so there's definitely some unsettlement happening.

Anyway, seriously hope it's not ominous coz according to CWB they are happening almost exactly where i live.

[image]

3 Eathquakes in 30 Minutes in Taidong

by dan, Monday, June 27, 2016, 04:09 (2855 days ago) @ dulan drift

Sounds like you're in the land of shake 'n bake!

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, June 27, 2016, 07:26 (2854 days ago) @ dan

Thankfully, there hasn't been another one since, that i noticed, anyway.

Last year (or was it early this year?) we did have a pretty big earthquake here - i could clearly hear the avalanches in the mountains - which is quite disconcerting - so 3 in 30 mins did have me a bit on edge! Especially when the epicentre seems to be right underneath my house!

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, November 30, 2016, 21:22 (2698 days ago) @ dulan drift

Just had another cluster of earthquakes here - similar to last time and i was thinking 'well, last time i was getting alarmed but then they were all pretty minor and nothing happened so i guess it'll be the same' then 'Bang!' one huge jolt that sent things falling off the shelves.

The biggest was only 4.6 supposedly but it must have been right underneath my house coz it was as strong as i've felt here. Just one or two big shakes but definitely an attention getter.

So far there have been about 5 or 6 tremors and they seem to be escalating - hopefully we have reached the climax already... I'm a bit nervous going to bed to be honest

by dan, Friday, December 02, 2016, 10:34 (2696 days ago) @ dulan drift

I felt the biggest one in Kaohsiung. It was a shallow one right under you.

by dulan drift ⌂, Friday, December 02, 2016, 13:54 (2696 days ago) @ dan

We did have another small one last night just after dark and i was wondering if we were in for a repeat performance - thankfully not.

I had more than enough excitement this year from the typhoons - i don't need nightly earthquake clusters in the mix

RSS Feed of thread