Dujuan (Weather)

by dan, Friday, September 25, 2015, 02:47 (3136 days ago)

Hasn't Dujuan changed tracks significantly in the last 24 hours? I thought earlier it was forecast to go north. Looks like it's heading more towards Taiwan now.

[image]

Dujuan

by dan, Sunday, September 27, 2015, 06:53 (3134 days ago) @ dan

Now there's something you don't see every day.

[image]

Dujuan

by dan, Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 00:25 (3132 days ago) @ dulan drift

Those pictures aren't working for me. I'm just seeing dots and dark screen. (Maybe that's what they photographed!)

Yeah, I checked your temps at 8:30pm and they were 35.8 or something insane like that. Yikes.

Dujuan

by dan, Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 06:45 (3132 days ago) @ dulan drift

I know I shouldn't laugh at the woman and little boy getting blow across the side walk, but...

Nothing wrong with laughing at the girl on the scooter. Bet she'll be checking the weather forecasts before getting dressed in the future.

Dujuan

by dulan drift ⌂, Tuesday, September 29, 2015, 08:51 (3131 days ago) @ dan

It appears that there was only limited damage caused by Dujuan and no fatalaties so far, depsite huge winds - supposedly came ashore in Suao with winds around 250kph - the second fastest ever recorded there - and they would have recorded a few in Suao.

Despite ducking south, it kept moving at a reasonable pace so no where got a sustained blast of more than a few hours.

Hardest hit looks to be Ilan, Taoyuan, Wulai, with the south west coast still getting rain now.

CWB had a couple of massive fails - firstly, again failing to predict the south westard track across the island and secondly, stuffing up their rainfall totals.

At one stage they had Ilan and Wulai at 725 mil - with the typhoon still going strong. The next time i checked they had reduced it to 550 mil - not sure what was up with that.

RSS Feed of thread