Deluge in the North (Weather)

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, June 14, 2015, 21:30 (3210 days ago)

127 mm in an hour in the Gongguan district of Taipei today - or an inch every twelve minutes. That's pretty good going.

Meanwhile hot and fucking sunny (if you are allowed to say that) in Taidong. There were some mammatus clouds forming yesterday, I think, which usally means rain, but nothing has come of it so far.

[image]

Deluge in the North

by dan, Monday, June 15, 2015, 03:43 (3210 days ago) @ dulan drift

I guess so! http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2015/06/15/2003620754

Yeah, it's OK to say fucking on this site. Nobody reads it anyway! It gets just about as hot here, 34 or even 35, but it doesn't feel so bad for a couple reasons. First, it cools down to 24 or so every night. Second, we have huge trees everywhere, so the full force of the sun only hits us for about 3 hours a day. Third, we have a two story enclosed stilt house, and my man cave (a phrase I learned upon my return to the US) is the first floor, and we have ceiling fans everywhere.

That Taitung sun is viscous. I think it even feels stronger than the sun on Guam, which is actually farther south. Why is that?

Deluge in the North

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, June 15, 2015, 09:15 (3210 days ago) @ dan

It's a punnishment from God, I assume. We are closing in on a month without rain already - and this is supposed to be the rainy season! Apparently they have lifted all water restrictions, which i can understand for the north, but it's been dry here for several years now and seems to be just getting worse. I hope they've got a big reservoir.

RSS Feed of thread