Something Big Brewing? - Usagi (Weather)

by dulan drift ⌂, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 16:30 (3880 days ago) @ dan

Wild wind and rain, but not as bad as the typhoon last year. Probably gusting up around the 100kph mark and intermitent downpours. Not enough to do too much damage so far. Took a drive down south to check things out and was amazed to find that the Chinese tourists were still filing into Water Running Up, though the road leading up to it was out and had become a river of stones. Could be renamed Stones Running Down.

A far better tourist attraction was a roadside stop a bit further south. Enormous, awe inspiring waves - like having a front row seat in a 3D disaster movie. Was the only one there this morning, but when i returned with a couple of tourists i'd met earlier, there were 4-5 cars there. Think i will go back again and open a Chinese sausage stand.

Checked out Miramar - waves were crashing up against the swimming pool but not going through the hotel when i was there, which was 9am, high tide. However, there did seem to be significant erosion taking place in front of the hotel and i suspect it is gonna have a kind of teetering look when the water recedes.

Most dangerous place in Taiwan would seem to be the southern tip of the east coast. Radar has that getting pummeled with virtual eye-wall wind and rain at the moment. Would expect some serious damage reports coming out of kending area.
[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread