Will it ever rain again? (Weather)

by dan, Wednesday, October 24, 2012, 19:53 (4212 days ago) @ dulan drift

I wonder if their records go back only to 1903 or if that's when they started keeping records. They must go back further than that; it would be an odd coincidence if the first year they started keeping records was a record-dry year, unless their rain gauge had a crack in it!

Regardless, that's a nice bit of history. I haven't had a chance to get out and about since yesterday's rain, but I'm sure the garden must have perked up. I'm running a bit of an experiment given my situation of not being able to comfortable water my garden regularly. I spread old seeds from last year regularly, weed the beds sometimes (not much to do there given the recent drought), and see what comes up. I think I've spread various seeds two or three times -- lettuce, spinach (too hot, but what the heck) and something else. This rain and the cooler temperatures should get some to sprout. I'm curious to see what can grow given little or no attention and to see how these seeds act. I remember last year tomato seeds from kitchen wasted sprouted months after being thrown in the garden.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread