Cloud Seeding (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, August 28, 2022, 19:06 (605 days ago)

Some people act like super-powers manipulating the weather is some wild conspiracy theory, but cloud-seeding is weather manipulation. It was invented in 1946 - been going on in some shape or form up to this day. The CCP is currently carrying out major seedings to combat the drought.

Science: In the 1940s, atmospheric scientist Bernard Vonnegut found that particles of silver iodide can cause supercool clouds of water vapor to freeze into snow in the lab. (He is the brother of writer Kurt Vonnegut, whose fictional ice-nine was partially inspired by the discovery.) Particles like silver iodide can provide a scaffold on which water molecules can align themselves into a crystalline structure or, in other words, freeze. The technique has been used by militaries and civilian governments on and off ever since.

Britannica: Many substances have been used, but solid carbon dioxide (dry ice) and silver iodide have been the most effective.

I wonder if there's any long term effect on earth's climate by pumping carbon dioxide or silver iodide into the atmosphere? What happens to all these chemicals? Do they accumulate?

It's still not conclusive as to whether cloud-seeding works significantly, or not. It works in the lab, but it's hard to measure coz of all the variables in real clouds. The Science article claims it's recently been 'verified' but i'm not convinced. According to Science it was incontrovertibly proven that Covid came from pangolin - which, in turn, was proof that Science will publish whatever crap they feel best serves their financial interests. So not real trustworthy as a source.

Instead, what jumps out for me was this sentence: Even though scientists have been seeding clouds since the 1940s, there was precious little proof the technique worked.

Prof Cotton: (T)he chain of events from seeding to precipitation on the ground .. has been sorely needed for the last 80 years.

So scientists have been seeding clouds for 80 years with carbon dioxide and sliver iodide for 80 years - without knowing the effect. That's a of foreign matter to be pumping into the sky if you don't know what the fuck you're doing.

What if the effect is bad ...? Long-term wise ...?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread