Go Nancy! (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Wednesday, August 03, 2022, 18:59 (632 days ago) @ dan

So maybe the US will somehow play the Ukraine war in this way or that, but they will keep pumping money into it, and weapons. It's good for business.

As you say, it is a game (in which we have little-to-no say). Even the participants will admit that.

Speaking of which, Nancy Pelosi is currently on-stage. I like Nancy, she's a shit-stirrer - still - at 82.
Pelosi: Our delegation came to Taiwan to make it unequivocally clear we will not abandon Taiwan. The story of Taiwan is an inspiration to all freedom-loving people.

Taiwan is one of the most free societies in the world .. We come in friendship to Taiwan; we come in peace to the region.

Pelosi/Twitter: Our delegation’s visit to Taiwan honors America’s unwavering commitment to supporting Taiwan’s vibrant Democracy.

Our discussions with Taiwan leadership reaffirm our support for our partner & promote our shared interests, including advancing a free & open Indo-Pacific region.

America’s solidarity with the 23 million people of Taiwan is more important today than ever, as the world faces a choice between autocracy and democracy.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Compare that to the chicken-shit, appeasing robo-speak coming out of Australian Government mouths (whose only comment was a back-handed rebuke by foreign minister Pong to Pelosi, calling for 'both sides not to inflame the situation') - it gives me heart that there is still a will to defend Taiwan.

I'm curious to see how China responds. As one Taiwan resident said in an interview, I'm paraphrasing, Every mother knows, if you're always threatening punishment but never follow through, you'll soon be ignored.

Nothing has happened yet, but the CCP has announced live-fire exercises around Taiwan over the next couple of days. If you see the map, the exercise will totally surround Taiwan. Will it be a sabre rattling exercise, fire a few missiles over Taiwan, or will they maintain those positions for a full-scale invasion?

Don't want to sound like a war-monger, but, apart from Taiwan, is a war over Taiwan the best way to free HK (and Tibet, Xinchiang)? You'd imagine there would be a decent underground movement in HK all ready to roll ...

[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread