The Year of the Floods (General)

by dan, Wednesday, July 21, 2021, 16:43 (1004 days ago) @ dulan drift

Now there's floods in the central China city of Zhengzhou. Looking at the video below i can only imagine the terror those people must have felt - trapped in a train carriage with rising water. From what we can see, they remained incredibly calm under the circumstances.

The video from Zhengzhou I've seen so far just looks horrific, and to think that we're almost certainly not seeing the worst of it, not by a long shot. Many years ago I was talking with a guy who had recently been in a subway station in China when it started to flood and he started taking pictures of the people up to their necks in water only to be shut down immediately by the cops. No no, that's not what we want people to see.

In this case, it appears the government is actually reporting that some people died in the floods, which leads me to believe that the scale of the event was so large that they have to report something. We'll likely never know the true extent of the tragedy.

These recent events in Germany and China have led me to examine my own location. I think we're good.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread