Crypto-currency - Big-media (General)

by dan, Thursday, June 24, 2021, 10:05 (1037 days ago) @ dulan drift

Luckily, i'm able to filter through the crap. One thing i've noticed recently is a concerted attack on crypto-currency - they never miss an opportunity to talk it down. No surprise there i guess - just another example of how out-of-control the media is. It's like they go into their morning meetings and the only topic of discussion is: 'How can we pervert the truth to benefit our financial advantage?'

We're going to see a lot more attacks on crypto in the coming months and years, not only from the media but from governments as well. They're going to do everything they can to scare people away from crypto and also to make it difficult to exchange to fiat. But in the end, this negative pressure from the big boys is going to help the little guys. Right now, that's El Salvador, but it looks like Paraguay might get in on the action soon. Once these small countries who have been bullied by the USD, IMF, and World Bank start realizing they have an edge with crypto, things will get really interesting. The economy of El Salvador will initially profit, possibly a lot, by the acceptance of BTC as legal currency. That should result in other central and south American countries embracing it and telling the financial elites to fuck off.

I wonder if the world can ever find a way through this? I'm not optimistic coz it would involve a 'whole-of-culture' rebuild. My hope is that big media will become less relevant as people look for information elsewhere - but will your average Joe ever be bothered to look past the headlines of mainstream media?

I'm not optimistic either.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread