Crypto-currency - Big-media (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Thursday, June 24, 2021, 06:27 (1036 days ago) @ dan

There's not a lot of choice for media in Australia - either the blanket ban on 'lab leak' investigation of the so-called liberal press - or the Murdoch press - where you got a tiny trickle of stories exploring the possibility. Later they will say they championed the story but they didn't - piling on with stories now that the heavy lifting has already been done by citizen researchers doesn't count.

The only papers that provided decent coverage when it was all on the line were the Taiwanese ones.

But somehow, out of desperation, i started reading some Murdoch press in the daily mix.

Luckily, i'm able to filter through the crap. One thing i've noticed recently is a concerted attack on crypto-currency - they never miss an opportunity to talk it down. No surprise there i guess - just another example of how out-of-control the media is. It's like they go into their morning meetings and the only topic of discussion is: 'How can we pervert the truth to benefit our financial advantage?'

I wonder if the world can ever find a way through this? I'm not optimistic coz it would involve a 'whole-of-culture' rebuild. My hope is that big media will become less relevant as people look for information elsewhere - but will your average Joe ever be bothered to look past the headlines of mainstream media?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread