Earthquake activity (General)

by dan, Monday, February 06, 2012, 20:23 (4435 days ago) @ dulan drift

That's an interesting article. I had no idea people had actually taken action based at least in part on animal behavior. Smart.

I was getting frustrated trying to find information of offshore faults around Taiwan, so I've been collecting articles. My knowledge of tectonic terminology is not quite up to speed, but a quick look at what I've gathered seems to suggest that, although much is known about what's going on down there, there still is a lot that we don't know.

It appears the activity off southern Taiwan is the result of a strike-skip fault or faults, a new term for me. It's fascinating stuff. I'm putting what I can find in a directory located at http://formosahut.com/seismology/. It's a raw directory listing. I won't pretend that I've read all of this stuff yet.

Also, most of those files are pdf files, so if you're like me, you'll prefer to right click on them and save them to your desktop rather than waiting for them to load in your browser.

Hmmmm... I have noticed an abundance of tiny little frogs hopping around recently, but I'm assuming that's just a birds and bees thing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread