typhoon nalgae (General)

by dulan drift ⌂, Sunday, October 02, 2011, 19:45 (4583 days ago) @ dan

This morning i think they only had us at 80% chance. When it is actually pouring in real time, and there's this big area of red stuff on the radar coming this way, then you think you could go crazy and call that 100%. However, good to see that they have finally introduced a 'heavy rain advisory' button (and you are right, they kept issuing heavy rain alerts for pingdong and meanwhile it's still down as 0%. Don't know how that works.)

A general warning level alert would be good too. Is there one? I mean does the govt issue them? They don't seem to do any of that pansy evacuation stuff either.

If we did have a warning system, how many levels, and what level do you think we would be on now?

There was quite a lot of water on the road. The worst bits were caused by the run off from those little offshoot mountain roads that funnel rivers of water onto the main road. At the very least, I seriously hope they have locked the gates on the the mountain passes and told the tourist bus companies to take a break coz there will be landslides for sure.

Anyway, this could be a wild night. The rain does seem to crank up here at night for some reason.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread