Typhoon Nesat (Weather)

by dulan drift ⌂, Monday, September 26, 2011, 23:55 (4588 days ago) @ dan

I'll be interested to see what happens when it makes land contact in ppe. My guess is that it will break up to some degree and some significant bits will drift up this way. If that reacts with the monsoon (dong bei ji fong) then it could produce some major rain on the east coast of Taiwan - though it's usually the north east that gets that effect the most coz the monsoon is drier down here. Still, i wouldn't be surprised if we get something significant here, while the north east could be in for some quite destructive falls.

Surprisingly windy tonight, even though the typhoon is so far away.

BTW,check out that system that has formed to the east (an slightly north) of nesat - not listed as anything but has sprung up suddenly and looks to be rotating and like it could become something and seems to be heading in our general direction. It might all so pick up something from the break up of nesat.
[image]

Re the formula for land and de-intensification - i assume the type of terrain would be a factor as well. Anyway, if it re-forms into anything over a cat 3 once it crosses ppe then i will eat my hat.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread